+44 (0)800 002 9559 / +44 (0)1273 413489 info@bikeadventures.co.uk

July 2016 LEJOG

Home Forums Trip Forums UK July 2016 LEJOG

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lois 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ian

Hi there : I noticed there were no forums started on any subject at all here,so I figured , why not ? Let’s start one. My friend Randy and I are booked on the July 9 LEJOG ( 3 weeks ) this summer , and since we’re from the west coast of Canada, No , we haven’t done much training yet. We’re both 58 years old, although Randy is Much older than me , as he will turn 59 in May, and I’m not there until October. We’re not fanatical cyclists by any stretch , so I’m sure we’ll be the ones taking our time each day, enjoying the sights along the way. It should be a lot of fun , and I’m sure we’ll have a great group to enjoy it with. If anyone wants to exchange emails to get to know each other, let us know on this forum , and we can go from there.
    Thanks, Ian Hadden

Administrator

Hi Ian – yes, it’s a brand new forum, so thanks for the post! I’m sure this will be a slow burn, but much appreciate you taking the time to pop by! See you in July!

BA TEAM

Randy

Hi All,

Randy here with Ian. Training now underway and bike tuning going well. 44 days until we leave and getting excited. Hopefully getting more joining the forum soon so we can all get excited together. Do we know how many are on our tour so far? See you soon!

Randy Taylor

Lois

Hi Ian and Randy,

Nice to meet you. We are Lois and Jeff, checking in from Oregon, ages 55 and 61. We’ll be joining the July 9 group too. Same as you, not a lot of training underway quite yet. But we’ve accomplished Cycle Oregon six times and the average daily miles there is 60 – 70, so we’re not extremely nervous about LEJOG. Do have a question… do we get daily routes on paper, or GPS downloads, or both?

Thanks,
    Lois

Ian

Hi Lois and Jeff: Good to hear from you and we look forward to meeting you , probably in Penzance on the 8th or 9th . Randy and I are taking the train from Gatwick , departing just after 2 pm , I believe . In response to your question , I think the answer is ” both ” , but you could contact Dominic and I’m sure he will answer any questions you may have. Here’s my email address, I’ll let Randy give his out himself if he so wishes. Talk to you soon.
    Cheers, Ian
    ian_hadden@hotmail.com or Ian.hadden@cifcon.com

Lois

Hi Ian,

We’re arriving at Heathrow on the 6th and taking a couple lazy days driving to Penzance (dropping off the car at the Penzance Airport on the 8th). I actually found the answer to my question in some material I got from the company, so all set there. Starting to get pretty excited about this trip – we lived in Wales for 3 years and traveled around the U.K. a lot, so looking forward to seeing some old site and many new ones.

Lois

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.